As I was doing my google search I stumbled upon a Martha Stewart recipe that seemed easy enough. I have to say that I am no Martha Stewart and was a little skeptical that I was going to be able to pull it off and that it was as a quick and easy as it seemed to be. The only item that I didn’t have was the basil but there is a little grocery store that I could stop at on my way home to pick it up the fresh basil.
Well… I have to say that I am pleasantly surprised that it came out perfect and my daughter loved it! I even added a little shrimp.
I would strongly suggest making this dish it is wonderful, quick and easy!
- 12 ounces linguine
- 12 ounces cherry or grape tomatoes, halved or quartered if large
- 1 onion, thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 2 sprigs basil, plus torn leaves for garnish
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for serving
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 1/2 cups water
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese, for serving
- Combine pasta, tomatoes, onion, garlic, red-pepper flakes, basil, oil, 2 teaspoons salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and water in a large straight-sided skillet. Bring to a boil over high heat. Boil mixture, stirring and turning pasta frequently with tongs, until pasta is al dente and water has nearly evaporated, about 9 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, divide among 4 bowls, and garnish with basil. Serve with oil and Parmesan.